Cellular Sponge Rubber
Innovative materials with
At Zouch, we’re right at the forefront of sponge and rubber technology, always pushing boundaries and bringing you unique new materials from right across the world.
As one of Europe’s leading, fastest growing independent converters of rubber, foam and non-metallic materials, we’re committed to delivering industry leading products proven to be durable, profitable and technologically advanced. In fact, all of our sponge rubbers combine strength and durability with optimum resistance to ageing, weathering, UV and ozone.
They’re available as rolls, sheets, strips, pads, die-cut gaskets, cross-wound spools and endlessly long strips, with or without a pressure-sensitive adhesive backing, so they’re easy to adapt for your specific task. Whatever you need to achieve, you’ll have our expert support in choosing and using the very best product for the job.
FAST, FREE SAMPLE SERVICE
Take a closer look at the Zouch range on our product pages or get in touch with our expert support team for free samples and project advice.
Just call 0115 988 6295.
Our products combine high strength and durability with optimum resistance to ageing, weathering, UV and ozone resistance. Naturally all of our materials are offered in rolls, sheets, strips, die cut gaskets and pads, cross wound spools and endless long strips for easy processing and adaptation to meet all individual customer requirements.
Chloroprene / Neoprene sponge (CR)
- Synthetic, polymerised chloroprene rubber
- Well-established, widely used, closed-cell material
- Excellent chemical, solvent and oil stability
- Good hot and cold temperature resistance
- Flexible, durable and recovers well under compression
- Flame retardant, resists degradation and water absorption
- Ideal for demanding automotive applications
- Available in both black and grey
Neoprene / EPDM blended sponge
- Closed-cell foam blend of neoprene and EPDM
- Good, low-cost general purpose sponge rubber
- Becoming more popular than neoprene or EPDM alone
- Excellent ageing properties, won’t crack or become brittle
- Waterproof, ideal for sport, leisure and marine uses
- Offers some fuel, oil and chemical resistance
- Flame retardant to FMVSS302 and UL94 HF 1
Natural rubber sponger (NR)
Versatile, heavy duty open-cell material
Excellent compression resistance and recovery
Anti slip, acoustic isolation and vibration dampening
Useful in a wide range of industrial applications
Typical uses: mouse mats, tool and die ejection, resilient strips for stud walls and battens, drum gaskets
- Flexible, low-cost, closed-cell synthetic rubber
- Excellent UV, ozone, temperature, weathering and age resistance
- Wide range of civil engineering, construction and electrical uses
- Ideal for seals and gaskets around vehicle doors, boots and bonnets
- Also used for heat insulation seals, roofing, air conditioners and fridge seals
- Low resistance to oils, gasoline and acids
PVC / Nitrile sponge
Soft, flexible premium quality closed-cell sponge rubber
Excellent thermal properties, ideal for hot and cold pipe insulation
- Highly flame retardant, conforming to BS476 Class O Parts 6 & 7
- Only minimum pressure needed to form a resilient seal
- Oil and chemical resistant, with good sound absorbency
- Easily fabricated into washers, pads, strips, gaskets, semi-circular tubing or sheets
Typical uses: heating plants, hot and cold water treatment, duct insulation, automotive gaskets
Vinyl / Nitrile sponge
- Comfortable, flexible closed-cell synthetic rubber
- Mainly used for high impact cushioning and resistance
- Powerful vibration dampening properties
- Absorbs impact, preventing trauma to the wearer
Typical uses: police and military stab vests, equestrian body protectors
A complete, customised service
From the first call to the finished product, we’re with you every step of the way. We offer technical support and advice on the best product for your specific application and assembly process.
We can also provide bespoke product development, on-site support and samples, making the whole design, purchasing and implementation process streamlined and stress free.